Med's NBA rosters feature updated and accurate rosters for all 30 NBA teams with updated transactions, rotations according to the most recent box score, player information such as height & weight, accessories and more. The roster includes an updated 2015 NBA Draft, with rookies from the both the 2014 and 2015 NBA drafts. It also includes updated contracts, signature skills, animations by J-Paul, playbooks and tendencies by theyano! as well as updated player ratings and coaching profiles. The roster also has accurate arena information for all arenas such as the arena name, attendance, capacity, etc. Two variants of the rosters are available, With Signature Skills for those who prefer playing with these gimmicks on, and Without Signature Skills for more balanced gameplay. It is completely up to you which roster you prefer to play with.
Formerly, four rosters were available, an Assocroster for MyCareer & Association purposes, a WI (With Injuries) and WOI (Without Injuries) roster which has rotations changed for each team where there may or may not be injuries for players, and a Blacktop roster that has all players unlocked for Blacktop. The Assoc roster does not have the All-Star teams available in Quick Game mode. WI and WOI have the All-Star games available in Quick Game mode, but do not necessarily have injuries in the roster itself, just updated rotations to show the players' real life injuries. Blacktop was made specifically only for Blacktop mode and will crash the game when used for Quick Games. The retired and overseas players have all been removed from the Free Agents pool. The missing players from the legends teams have also been added while removing all of the create-a-player fillers in the retro teams. The All-Star teams have also been unlocked for WI and WOI rosters. For the Blacktop roster, the Los Angeles Lakers players are wearing white jerseys for their home jerseys in Blacktop mode.
Gone are the days of Assoc-WI-WOI-Blacktop as we welcome the new Assoc-Exhibition-Fantasy-Blacktop format. Let's take a look at the details of the past roster format, and compare it to the new format:
- Assoc - The roster for Association/MyCareer/Season/Playoffs mode. All-Star teams are locked, making them only available in the All-Star Weekend.
- WI (With Injuries) - The roster for Exhibition mode with player injuries implemented in rotations. Rotations are the same as the Assoc roster, but with the All-Star teams & Rising Stars teams unlocked in exhibition mode, making them unavailable in the All-Star Weekend.
- WOI (Without Injuries) - The roster for Exhibition mode assuming players are not injured in rotations. Rotations have all of their best players uninjured and playing in the lineups, but with the All-Star teams & Rising Stars teams unlocked in exhibition mode, making them unavailable in the All-Star Weekend.
- Blacktop - The roster for Blacktop mode. All players, including stars, are unlocked in Blacktop mode.
- Assoc - The primary roster for Association/MyCareer/Season/Playoffs mode. All-Star teams are locked, making them only available in the All-Star Weekend. True Team Colors Implemented.
- Exhibition - The roster for Exhibition mode assuming players are not injured in rotations. Rotations have all of their best players uninjured and playing in the lineups, but with the All-Star teams & Rising Stars teams unlocked in exhibition mode, making them unavailable in the All-Star Weekend. True Team Colors Implemented.
- Fantasy - The roster for Association/MyCareer/Season/Playoffs mode. All-Star teams are locked, making them only available in the All-Star Weekend. Adaptive Team Colors Implemented.
- Blacktop - The roster for Blacktop mode. All players, including stars, are unlocked in Blacktop mode. True Team Colors Implemented.
If some of you have been using Med's NBA Roster for NBA 2K13, this format would be familiar to you since it is the exact same format we used by the end of NBA 2K13. Association and Blacktop are still the same, while Exhibition is actually WOI. The reason WI is no longer needed is it is actually the same with the Assoc roster with the only difference being that the All-Star teams were unlocked in exhibition mode. The All-Star teams were already unlocked anyway in the WOI roster, so we just renamed the WOI roster to Exhibition. Hopefully, this will also clear up any confusion while selecting rosters since there are some users that commit the mistake of using either WI or WOI for MyCareer when there clearly is the Assoc roster for that purpose. The new roster here, is the Fantasy roster, which will be the same as the Association roster, the difference being that it makes use of the Adaptive Team Color system that was used in the past couple of NBA season updates. This is so that players will wear the correct colors of the accessories per team when being traded or run through the Fantasy Draft, hence the name "Fantasy".
Muscle tones, body types and skin tones have been updated for all NBA players that need them badly. The shoe brands are also unlocked for all NBA players, allowing the freedom to assign any shoe to any player. jampasir's shoe pack 2015 is also included in the files. Unfortunately, there is no way to identify which shoe is which because there is no shoedata.iff file provided, and assigning shoes requires RED MC use. All new uniforms are added to the jersey slots for each team, as well as the special jerseys such as the yearly Christmas jerseys and other event jerseys. Multiple retro jerseys have been added for each franchise (for example, Oklahoma City Thunder has the Seattle SuperSonics jerseys). Multiple Gear Color selection is available for each team where different combinations of colors for accessories are available for each team's jersey. Team Color 1 is used for the color of the armwear while Team Color 2 is used for the color of the legwear.
Charlotte Hornets Total Conversion
NBA 2K14 did not have the originally have the Charlotte Hornets converted, but started with the Charlotte Bobcats. In this series, the Charlotte Bobcats have been completely converted into the Charlotte Hornets, including their logo, jersey, and audio files.
Gameplay Sliders & Settings
Gameplay sliders accompany the roster which are designed to provide an authentic gameplay experience for you, not just an authentic visual atmosphere. Two versions of the gameplay sliders are available, one for Hall-of-Fame settings and one for All-Star settings. It also has realistic in-game presentation volumes for the different audio parameters in the game. These settings files are optional, thus are not required to successfully run the roster properly. I am simply sharing the preferred gameplay sliders I use when I play.