W Gaming's YouTube Channel
Before everything, you should definitely check out W Gaming's YouTube Channel! He has modding experience which is very unique to this channel, as he is able to create videos showcasing very specific mods that are only available to people who are familiar with modding. That means, some of the content in his videos were implemented by him. His videos also feature Tagalog commentary, which contains some rather excessively strong language (swearing) if that kind of thing doesn't bother you. He has knowledge of mixing some of the mods from all of the series (Med's NBA Roster, FIBA 2K14, PBA 2K14, Kuroko V Slam Dunk), so check it out!
Marvel & DC Comics-Themed Mod
One of the popular mods in NBA 2K history was always the Marvel vs DC mod, where a team of Marvel Comics Superheroes & Supervillains take on DC Comics Superheroes & Supervillains, dubbed "Avengers vs Justice League", considered a two-team mod only. I personally have this mod and have put my own brand of editing on it, in my own private roster. I've implemented things such as the characters having accurate height, weight & body types, with positions, ratings, tendencies, signature skills and animations assigned to fit the characters. While the roster still uses the cyberfaces made by the original author, I have no way of contacting the original author of the cyberfaces in case I wanted to cooperate with him on bringing Marvel vs DC back to NBA 2K14 with my own personal touch on it, like I did with Kuroko V Slam Dunk after collaborating with KoroX and Seushiro. It sounds like something that is not possible to do, considering that so many cyberfaces are needed to be made, but this is a familiar situation that I personally experienced with Kuroko V Slam Dunk when it was only going to originally be a roster mod WITHOUT cyberfaces (you would have to manually implement cyberfaces yourself), until I was able to collaborate with the newly formed team of modders and we were able to release a full version of Kuroko V Slam Dunk (which will have an update this month).
It may seem like I am trying to bite a little bit more than I can chew since I'm already handling a lot of mods which all need regular updates (except for Kuroko V Slam Dunk), I'm actually already almost done with the roster. Of course I didn't add any new characters since I didn't have cyberfaces for them, and since I didn't really expect anyone to want some kind of mod like this from me until someone officially sent me a request.
We were able to bring an absolutely awesome concept of 15 teams from Kuroko No Basuke to face off against 15 teams from Slam Dunk to reality, so here is my concept pitch for Marvel vs DC. Marvel & DC will have 15 teams each, comprised of superhero/supervillain squads in the comics/television/movies. Characters will have their first name for their secret identity (ie. Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, etc.) with their last name as their superhero identity (ie. Spider-Man, Batman, etc.). The team lineups, for example, Marvel Comics may have the following 15 squads (for those who are familiar with Marvel comic book lore):
- Alpha Flight (Guardian, Sasquatch, Shaman, Aurora, Vindicator, etc.)
- Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Vision, etc.)
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Magneto, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Mystique, Pyro, etc.)
- Defenders (Daredevil, Elektra, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc.)
- Fantastic Four (Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Silver Surfer)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Starlord, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, etc.)
- Hellfire Club (Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Riptide, Azazel, Cassandra Nova, etc.)
- Horsemen of Apocalypse (Archangel, Gambit, Psylocke, Polaris, Apocalypse, etc.)
- Inhuman Royal Family (Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, etc.)
- Marvel Knights (Moon Knight, Black Widow, Dagger, Shang-Chi, The Punisher, etc.)
- Masters of Evil (Doctor Doom, Loki, Baron Mordo, Enchantress, Ultron, etc.)
- New Avengers (Spider-Man, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, White Tiger, War Machine, etc.)
- Sinister Six (Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Electro, Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, etc.)
- X-Force (Cannonball, Colossus, Domino, Bishop, Warpath, etc.)
- X-Men (Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Jean Grey, etc.)
While DC comics may have the following squads (for those who are familiar with DC comic book lore):
- Forever People (uhm, The Forever People, you know, the group that joins forces to become Infinity-Man?)
- Green Lantern Corps (Green Lantern and a bunch of other Green Lanterns like Kilowog)
- Justice League (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, etc.)
- Legion of Doom (Vandal Savage, Cheetah, Bane, Metallo, Star Sapphire, etc.)
- Legion of Superheroes (Superboy, Lightning Lad, Braniac 5, Saturn Girl, Bouncing Boy, etc.)
- Rogues (Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, The Top, The Trickster, Mirror Master, etc.)
- Suicide Squad (Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn, The Joker, etc.)
- Teen Titans (Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beastboy, Raven, etc.)
- Young Justice (Wondergirl, Batgirl, Aqualad, Speedy, Miss Martian, etc.)
I've only thought of 9 squads for DC so far (Justice League is so huge it could probably be subdivided to Justice League and maybe Justice League Unlimited, named after the show, where the non-founding members of the Justice League are the characters). It would still need five more squads that I can't come up with on my own. Teams with few players will probably be filled with generic ones. As you can see, this will require a LOT of cyberface work and if you know someone who would be willing to collaborate with us and make this happen, please let me know! You can always contact me via the Contact page of the website.
I know some of this may come as a surprise to you but I've always been a fan of comics since way before, I just never thought to combine the three things I love (basketball, video gaming, and comics) into one thing).
Again, this is only a concept right now and is not a sure thing yet. This will only be pursued if a cyberface modder is willing to collaborate. This, if ever it is pursued, will also not halt the progress of the updates for Med's NBA Roster, FIBA 2K14 and PBA 2K14 as most of the work I do there is done as soon as possible, while the waiting for files such as cyberfaces, jerseys, or courts is what keeps updates from being released. We are open to ideas, suggestions or any recommendations for this. Please tell me if you are interested in the idea or if I should just scrap the idea entirely, thank you!