Over 200 players have been unlocked and added to the Overseas Vault! These are players that are currently playing overseas, and not free agents in the NBA. 12 Vault Teams were made to compensate for the number of players added. The player ratings and tendencies of some players in the vault may still need some tweaking, which will be fully tweaked in the final version of the 2015-2016 NBA roster after the NBA Finals.
Almost 50 retired players are added to the Retiree Vault, which makes all players who are already in NBA 2K14, available for selection. These are the current versions of these retired players. More players will be added in future versions of the roster. Criteria for addition is that the player must have retired within five years (since 2011), and must still be alive at this point. Retired players that will be added in future versions that require cyberfaces will be added in Med's NBA Roster v4.0, which will include a new pack (Main Directory Files 21) which will also include the rookies.
There are four reasons we removed the retro teams from the NBA roster:
- 1. We've had these retro teams since NBA 2K12, some even way back in NBA 2K11. They do not receive updates and are not the focus of the mod.
- 2. The Overseas Vault and Retro Vault make use of too many teams that they outnumbered the Euroleague teams that were supposed to be replaced. Because of that, they have to take the slots of the retro NBA teams.
- 3. This is not a retro NBA mod. My modding time is better spent updating FIBA 2K & PBA 2K since there are two extremely large retro mods out there in the community, UBR by HAWK23 and URB by skoadam.
- 4. We will release a new global (hopefully this weekend) with collaborations between many modders that 3D edit the striped socks to create colored stance socks, which won't be compatible with the striped socks that some players from retro teams wear.
True Team Colors are BACK!
This is the most requested feature in the NBA roster since we changed the color system to Team Color 1 being the armwear color and Team Color 2 being the legwear color. Now, the rosters have the team colors back, while still maintaining the accessory color combinations that the roster is known for. This, however, means that trading players will still require editing just to match the player with the colors of that team the player has moved to. The old system of team colors, which we will dub "Adaptive Team Colors", are now replaced by the "True Team Colors" which are implemented in most rosters. Because of this, a new roster format has been developed for the incoming updates for the 2016-2017 NBA season.
New Roster Format
Gone are the days of Assoc-WI-WOI-Blacktop as we welcome the new Assoc-Exhibition-Fantasy-Blacktop format. Let's take a look at the details of the past roster format, and compare it to the new format:Old Format
- Assoc - The roster for Association/MyCareer/Season/Playoffs mode. All-Star teams are locked, making them only available in the All-Star Weekend.
- WI (With Injuries) - The roster for Exhibition mode with player injuries implemented in rotations. Rotations are the same as the Assoc roster, but with the All-Star teams & Rising Stars teams unlocked in exhibition mode, making them unavailable in the All-Star Weekend.
- WOI (Without Injuries) - The roster for Exhibition mode assuming players are not injured in rotations. Rotations have all of their best players uninjured and playing in the lineups, but with the All-Star teams & Rising Stars teams unlocked in exhibition mode, making them unavailable in the All-Star Weekend.
- Blacktop - The roster for Blacktop mode. All players, including stars, are unlocked in Blacktop mode.
- Assoc - The primary roster for Association/MyCareer/Season/Playoffs mode. All-Star teams are locked, making them only available in the All-Star Weekend. True Team Colors Implemented.
- Exhibition - The roster for Exhibition mode assuming players are not injured in rotations. Rotations have all of their best players uninjured and playing in the lineups, but with the All-Star teams & Rising Stars teams unlocked in exhibition mode, making them unavailable in the All-Star Weekend. True Team Colors Implemented.
- Fantasy - The roster for Association/MyCareer/Season/Playoffs mode. All-Star teams are locked, making them only available in the All-Star Weekend. Adaptive Team Colors Implemented.
- Blacktop - The roster for Blacktop mode. All players, including stars, are unlocked in Blacktop mode. True Team Colors Implemented.
If some of you have been using Med's NBA Roster for NBA 2K13, this format would be familiar to you since it is the exact same format we used by the end of NBA 2K13. Association and Blacktop are still the same, while Exhibition is actually WOI. The reason WI is no longer needed is it is actually the same with the Assoc roster with the only difference being that the All-Star teams were unlocked in exhibition mode. The All-Star teams were already unlocked anyway in the WOI roster, so we just renamed the WOI roster to Exhibition. Hopefully, this will also clear up any confusion while selecting rosters since there are some users that commit the mistake of using either WI or WOI for MyCareer when there clearly is the Assoc roster for that purpose. The new roster here, is the Fantasy roster, which will be the same as the Association roster, the difference being that it makes use of the Adaptive Team Color system that was used in the past couple of NBA season updates. This is so that players will wear the correct colors of the accessories per team when being traded or run through the Fantasy Draft, hence the name "Fantasy".
2016-2017 NBA Season Updates
There might be a v3.9e update release after the NBA Finals, but the next big update (v4.0), which will be the start of the 2016-2017 NBA season updates will most likely come before or after the 2016 NBA Draft. This will contain a new batch of files (Main Directory Files 21), which will include new jerseys for the 2016-2017 Utah Jazz & Sacramento Kings, cyberfaces for the 2016 NBA Rookies, and cyberfaces for the added retiree vault players.
A recent poll was conducted on the preference of users regarding the updates, whether they prefer frequent but small updates or seldom but large updates. As the results were tallied, the votes for seldom large updates dominated the votes for the frequent small updates. This is the reason the 2016-2017 NBA season update is being put on hold until we get enough assets for Main Directory Files 21. While we do have the 2016-2017 Utah Jazz & Sacramento Kings jerseys, these are not enough to warrant a Main Directory Files pack. The files we are waiting for, to create the pack are cyberfaces for the NBA rookies, and cyberfaces for the new retiree vault players.
Because of this decision, we are also lucky enough to be able to release this awesome update WITHOUT any Main Directory Files! Yes, the new update that adds over 250 players to the roster and marks the return of team colors, is just an Appdata Files update! Visit the Downloads section of the website and download the Appdata Files for the newest update everyone!
Download v3.9d Now